UKC

Good campsites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 22 Jan 2018

Wondering if anyone can point me in direction of good camping spots around glencoe or Cairngorm.

Spending a week in a van end of Feb following conditions.

Need showers, a drying room and preferably a pub!

Also want to find a cheap hostel for a couple of nights.

any tips welcome, thank you!

Dark-Cloud 22 Jan 2018
In reply to Removed UserPeteclimb:

For Aviemore we normally stay in the one opposite Glenmore Lodge on the Loch Morlich shore, they were a bit funny with us one year and demanded to see inside my converted T5 (windows, pop top, proper kitchen conversion) as they didn't allow "vans" then we were pitched next to a white Iveco panel van, go figure !

Other than that the campsite is fine and well located for the hills, as for Glencoe i can't help as we normally go to Fort William, i can recommend Loch Linnhe over that way, it's away from the town but a nice site none the less.

ogreville 23 Jan 2018

Slim pickings in glencoe

red squirral campsite in glencoe. Walking distance from the clachaig inn. No drying room as far as i know. 

Also van parking on the single track road at the back of the kingshouse across the bridge. No showers as its a ‘wild camping’ spot, but toilets in the bar/bunkhouse building as long as youre a customer.

Removed User 23 Jan 2018
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Thank you very much for the intel, great help.

Removed User 23 Jan 2018
In reply to ogreville:

Thanks for the reply I'll look into it!

Stayed at the Glen Coe independent hostel in September which was pretty good. It is just down the road from the Red squirrel camp site.

Red squirrel is fine, but busy and noisy in the season.

EuanM 24 Jan 2018

We parked the van at Invercoe camp & caravan site a fortnight ago. 

Big shower and toilet block, I didn’t see a drying room but then wasn’t looking.

Nice situation and friendly owner/staff. Planning to go back later in the season. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...