UKC

Good places to Dirtbag in Frankenjura?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 12 Aug 2020

Hi guys, any recommendations for dirtbagging in Frankenjura? A good spot for a few nights, perhaps even a stellplatz with easy walking access to some crags?

If anyone lives in the area or needs a partner over the next week let me know.

Danke

OP Oogachooga 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Oogachooga:

bump

Lh88 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Oogachooga:

Not quite dirtbagging but this is the climbers campground. http://www.gasthof-eichler.de 

Decent scene and walking /cycling access to lots of crags. 

ian caton 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Oogachooga:

The campsites are super cheap. Pretty immaculate place. Not really dirt bag country. 

In reply to Lh88:

Cheers Luke 👍 will try to find a site nearby then as that one looks like its for tents only (couldn't find anything for campers)

Not been to the area before so this will provide me some direction.

In reply to ian caton:

Depends what your kind of cheap is Ian, £8 per person plus Kurtax is quite expensive.

Stayed on some lovely free stellplätze in Germany, only paying for water generally.

cb294 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Oogachooga:

You could try Betzenstein campground, except it seems to be closed for tents and vans due to Covid regulations, only accepting vehicles with integrated toilets.

CB

HansStuttgart 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Oogachooga:

In was in FJ last week. There were quite some vans on parking lots etc. If you choose for a campsite, I recommend to get a reservation. During to the Corona-measures, capacity is quite limited.

OP Oogachooga 14 Aug 2020
In reply to cb294:

Thanks again for the info guys. 

Crazy, the lack of consistancy across campsites. For example, in Font (Les M something, forget the name, near Col de Chein), Campsite fully open, swimming pool, toilet block and all.

Thermal spas in Germany and outdoor pools are open, toilets and showers all open except some social distancing.

Then you get the odd random campsite with closed shower block. Probably down to cleaning ect... but as the Germans put it... Verrückt! 

FYI, all stellplatz for motorhomes/campers are open as usual.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...