UKC

Group campsite hire in the Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheelba 23 Dec 2019

We’re looking for a small campsite/field to hire in the Lakes for a weekend over the Summer would be for a group of up to 50. Struggling to find anything online, anyone got any suggestions?

spenser 23 Dec 2019
In reply to sheelba:

The Chapel House Farm campsite is ok, although queues at the showers are common ! 

OP sheelba 23 Dec 2019
In reply to Ian Hinkins:

Thanks, have already been in contact with them but think that it will be too small as you say.

Just to reiterate we are looking for somewhere we can exclusively hire all or part of, not a generic campsite

Neil Williams 24 Dec 2019
In reply to sheelba:

There are a couple of small Scout sites - one in Ennerdale and one near Workington, who may consider a non-Scout full site booking if they aren't busy?  Both could I imagine cope with the numbers you suggest.

Post edited at 00:17
 emma7027 24 Dec 2019
In reply to sheelba:

We hired a field at Grizedale Campsite last summer for my 40th and a mates 30th.

They have a field down the road from the main site with a couple of "eco loos".  Great spot and you don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbours and we got them to do a hog roast on the Saturday night for us all which was absolutely spot on!

Can highly recommend them.

http://www.grizedale-camping.co.uk/

StevieH 24 Dec 2019
In reply to sheelba:

Cumbria Outdoors have a very basic campsite on the shore of Bassenthwite lake.

Stringy 24 Dec 2019
In reply to sheelba:

https://www.newbyendfarm.co.uk/camping-caravanning/

It's not actually in the Lake District but close by in the Eden Valley. It's a quiet site and could accommodate 50 depending on how many tents/vehicles there would be. There are 2 fields so it is possible to have exclusive use of one but with shared facilities.

PM me if you want any further information.

Post edited at 11:27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...