UKC

Harrison's camping alternatives?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sssam 15 Jul 2013
Was planning a trip down to Harrison's next week and was dismayed to discover that the camping site has had to close. Can anyone recommend any nearby campsites?
sssam 17 Jul 2013
Thanks for the thoughtful search, I was really looking to see whether folks might have any particular recommendations. e.g. I've stayed at such and such a place and it was lovely...
 CurlyStevo 17 Jul 2013
In reply to sssam:
I don't think you're going to get much response, most people don't camp (as if you are going away for the weekend there are much better places to go) and those that do will have mostly stayed at Harrison's. Anyways the site I linked includes reviews so if you pull you're finger out you can get all the info you need.
 helix 17 Jul 2013
No direct experience but live round the corner, Forgewood is close by, and have heard okay reports. Excellent Huntsman pub not too far from there too.
Also friends stayed recently at Manor Court Farm and had a good time.
sssam 13 Aug 2013
Ended up staying at Forgewood for a couple of nights and it was very decent. Pretty big area and you can find your own spot either in a field or amongst the trees. Amenities all good and clean. Would recommend it to others.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...