UKC

Heading in to London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 13 Aug 2019

Heading to reading this weekend via the train so hope to stop off somewhere for some lead climbing ideally.  Had a look online  for places but are any  of them better then  any other.

Will my 40m rope be enough or should I pack my 60m?

Iamgregp 13 Aug 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

If you're looking for lead climbing I can recommend The Castle (Cafe floor and The Wells right down in the basement have lead walls) or The Reach, which has shed loads of lead walls (though it's a little harder to er, reach as it's a bit more out of the way).

The Westway also isn't too bad for amount of lead walls, though I've never done any leading there so not sure what it's like.  They've got a small amount of Lead walls at Mile End, but it's really more of a bouldering destination.

Your 40M rope will defs be enough for The Castle and The Reach  and I would have thought for The Westway too

Ramblin dave 13 Aug 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

The Castle is a bit pricey, but worth seeing for the labyrinthine extent of the place alone. I've got a mate who muttered something about "going to do a bit of traversing" and disappeared down a random flight of stairs at some point in April 2018 and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Post edited at 14:30
OP Shaunhaynes99 13 Aug 2019
In reply to Iamgregp:

The westway walls are 13.5m  just looked online so 40m should be fine.

Post edited at 14:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...