UKC

/ How much has it rained in the Lakes?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
pec on 13 Jul 2018

I've been making the most of the dry summer visiting lots of remote mountain crags and was hoping to tick off another classic from my to do list on Sunday but I'm aware there has been some rain on Thursday and today, but how much?

Just a bit of drizzle which will run off the bone dry crags in minutes or has there been some proper rain which will actually wet things?

Thanks in advance.

MFB - on 13 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

langdale

Rained heavily today for an hour or so but drying out again nicely, still no water in becks and the ground has a lot of capacity so seeps may take a while to start running again, ground is still properly dry.

Post edited at 21:36
Mark Eddy - on 13 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

Was at Long Scar on Pike O'Blisco until about 1.30pm today. Could hardly see the crag whilst standing right by it. Intermittent rain and generally very damp air, streams coming off the crag. As soon as rain eased so did the little streams. Ground up there still very dry. There's been more heavy showers in Ambleside this eve, but looks dry again now.

HTH

pec on 13 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

Thanks for the replies, so some proper rain but everything so dry its not doing much to wet the crags yet.

MarkH55 - on 13 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

Next to no rain in Borrowdale over the last two days.  Was on Tophet Wall on Wed, everything is bone dry.

shantaram - on 14 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

Rained in Keswick for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Bone dry again by later in the evening. Rained again less heavily around midday today in Keswick. Bone dry this evening. The rain made little difference. I'd say most crags would be climbable this weekend with no rain in the forecast.  

Presley Whippet on 10:34 Sat
In reply to pec:

No rain out west. 

pec on 10:36 Sat
In reply to pec:

Thanks all, heading up tonight. Just got to decide now, Scrubby Crag or Gable Crag!

Jon Stewart - on 12:42 Sat
In reply to pec:

I wouldn't miss the opportunity to visit gable crag, it's magnificent. 

pec on 14:24 Sat
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Yes, that's my first choice but the met office is showing afternoon showers moving in from the west with very little if anything reaching the east.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.