UKC

Kalymnos Guidebook - Buy on-line or on the island

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Hore 20 Aug 2013
Heading to Kalymnos mid-September. Yes, probably a few weeks earlier than ideal, but it's a family trip so there are other factors to consider.

Can you reliably pick up the latest guidebook at the climbing shop on the island or is it best to buy before travelling? Amazon want £38, which seems a lot, though I appreciate it supports the climbing development on the island. If it's cheaper on the island, I'd prefer to buy there. Even if it's the same price, it might mean more of my cash going to the island economy rather than to Amazon.

Any advice welcome.

PS: I've been before so know roughly what to expect climbing-wise. Ten years ago though, so definitely need a new guide.

Carless 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Martin Hore:

You can get it directly from them at less than £38

http://climbkalymnos.com/?page_id=2626

print the new routes update as well from there
but also buy the latest new routes update from Glaros - this money goes directly to the bolt fund
OP Martin Hore 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Carless:

Thanks - that's great. Do you know if it's necessary to order from them in advance or do they have a stock of the main guide as well as the new routes supplement at Glaros?

Martin
 carl dawson 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Martin Hore:

You won't have a problem getting a guidebook here in Kalymnos as all the shops carry copies. However, if you want it in advance then email Katy at climbkalymnos.com and say you'd like it urgently... I'm sure she'd get it in the post pretty much straight away (she posts them from the main post office in Pothia so there shouldn't really be any holdups).

Enjoy your trip.
Carl
OP Martin Hore 21 Aug 2013
In reply to carl dawson:

Thanks Carl - that's great.

Martin
 a13x 22 Aug 2013
In reply to Martin Hore:

You can get the guidebook in most shops on the island, and some of them also have the new routes supplement. It worth picking this up because Ghost Kitchen isn't in to the main book and its one of the best sectors in my opinion!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a13x:
>
> It worth picking this up because Ghost Kitchen isn't in to the main book and its one of the best sectors in my opinion!

Are you sure about that, it is in mine.

Chris
 carl dawson 22 Aug 2013
Do you mean Secret Garden? (which isn't in the last guidebook but IS one of the very best new sectors). If so, you can download from Aris' website, no problem.

Cheers
Carl
 GridNorth 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a13x:
> (In reply to Martin Hore)
>
> Ghost Kitchen isn't in to the main book and its one of the best sectors in my opinion!

It is in the 2010 edition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...