UKC

Kitesurfing & Climbing combined trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackob 02 Dec 2019

Hi,

As well as climbing i am a keen kitesurfer and was looking at trying to go on a trip somewhere where i could practise both sports. Preferably close to each other (<1hr) and preferably single pitch sport climbing!

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Toerag 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Sardinia?

Andrew Lodge 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

You could go to France, between Narbonne and Perpignan.

Kitesurfing at La Franqui and great single pitch climbing at La Clape, Vingrau, Tautavel and several other crags in the region.

OP Jackob 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Toerag:

This is the destination i have seen. Looks like punta tretta is the place to go and climb at domusnovas. Have you been there?

Eciton 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Areas around Lisbon (Portugal)

Garethza 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Cape town, South Africa - its exactly what ill be doing in 2 weeks time!

Toerag 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

> This is the destination i have seen. Looks like punta tretta is the place to go and climb at domusnovas. Have you been there?

For climbing, yes, kitesurfing no. Climbing was good, we did a couple of sessions in the Southwest (Masua, Grotta San Giovanni), a week in Oligastra, and a couple of days oop north (Honeymoon 'roadtrip'). As it's an island there's always sheltered water to find and almost always some wind.  The driving is slow unless you're on the main motorway.

Removed User 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Tarifa in Spain is a good venue for you.

OP Jackob 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Removed User:

A little too busy for my liking! thanks though

nikoid 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Portland (the Dorset one).

Ned 02 Dec 2019

A bit closer to home, I see lots of kitesurfers from the causeway near Portland.

Northern Star 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

You could try El Medano, Tenerife?  Wind can sometimes be patchy this time of year but if there's no wind then go and climb, if there is wind then you kite.  Or if cold water this time of year doesn't bother you then you don't get much better Kitesurf beaches for most wind directions + climbing within close proximity than North Wales.

Post edited at 17:45
 smbnji 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Calpe in Spain!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...