UKC

Ksar Rock Guesthouse and the Samazaar road

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheelba 26 Oct 2019

Just got back from the Anti-Atlas. The Samazar road is now much flatter and wider than before and is a breeze to drive compared to before. No tarmac yet so rain could cause issues but works are still in progress. At the Ksar Rock guesthouse Fatima and Mafoud have installed a lovely new bathroom and made a number of other small improvements. Fatima said that they sadly didn't get many guests last year so with the upgrades there has never been a better time to go now. Unbeatable value, location and hospitality.      

spenser 26 Oct 2019
In reply to sheelba:

The guesthouse was reasonably pleasant last year, although apparently I was the only one who didn't get bed bugs! I presume that this has improved now as I did mention it to them when thanking them for our stay.
Fatima and Mafoud are indeed very hospitable, the food was very tasty (except for the weird porridge/ gruel which we had for breakfast which wasa a bit lacklustre). 

mark hounslea 26 Oct 2019
In reply to spenser:

Barley porridge 

KA 09 Nov 2019
In reply to sheelba:

Having just spent a week there, I would like to echo your post and say that we too had an excellent time. The location meant we had the crags (and numerous 3-star routes) to ourselves. It cost us 150Dh (just over £10) per person per night for half-board. It is worth supplementing meals with a few bits and bobs from the local shop in either Tanalt or Ida Ougnidif (either of which are easily incorporated into a climbing day). 

As a bonus, there's no wifi, so a god opportunity for social media detox! 

For more info/to book: https://www.climb-tafraout.com/ksar-rock-guesthouse.php

Post edited at 20:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...