UKC

Lakes - short walk bivvy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 11 Jul 2017
Hi,
anyone know of places to bivvy in the Lakes which are by the road or a short walk? After something like the boulders in The Pass, but happy to pitch a small tent. Just don't want to upset anyone by camping near the road if this isn't the done thing. Thanks

All the best

D
 Rick Graham 11 Jul 2017
In reply to David Coley:
Any pass or high road without enclosing walls or fencing should be OK.

Wrynose Pass, Wrynose Bottom or Hard Knott Pass.

Birker Fell. Newlands Pass.

Broughton Mills to Seathwaite.

Living in the Lakes now but used Wrynose Bottom a lot in my youth.

Not the best places to leave a tent up all day though.

Edit forgot about Honister Pass. As usual always best to scope a spot in the light.
Post edited at 17:54
 tmawer 11 Jul 2017
In reply to David Coley:

One of the suggestions on your other post suggested you and your son do a route on Dow; if you follow that suggestion you could pitch a tent close to the parking at Walna Scar. I used to see people doing this but unsure if it's still popular.
andrew breckill 11 Jul 2017
In reply to Rick Graham:
when i fancy a night out in the bivvynwith a short walk i used to park up in layby near stickle tavern and walk towards the path to rossett ghyl, their is a sheep pen before you start ascending, nice sheltered spot for a bivvy. I used to then have a good long walk around the tops and wlak down at teatime back to the car.
 Rick Graham 11 Jul 2017
In reply to tmawer:

> One of the suggestions on your other post suggested you and your son do a route on Dow; if you follow that suggestion you could pitch a tent close to the parking at Walna Scar. I used to see people doing this but unsure if it's still popular.

Quite popular with some festival raver types

Fortunately I can't hear the racket at our house in the village.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...