UKC

Langdale is...ajar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 20 May 2020

Was in Langdale today and the situation was very in-between.

The NT car parks are shut, but there are quite a few folk out, so the free parking is taken. The P&D at the NDG was open but full. Cars parked up on the Blea Tarn road.

I'm not too sure the NT have got this one right - do people really catch covid in carparks?

It was nice to see a team or 2 on the each of the major crags I passed, and a few walkers around.

I have been avoiding any paths that go through farm yards, so haven't been towards Bowfell and Crinkles - does anyone know if they've created an alternative route around as some other farms have?

plyometrics 20 May 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Assume you mean Stool End? No idea if they’ve done anything there, but alternatives around that could be via Mickleden, Rossett Gill and Ore Gap or from Three Shires Stone...?

OP Jon Stewart 20 May 2020
In reply to plyometrics:

> Assume you mean Stool End? 

Yes.

> No idea if they’ve done anything there, but alternatives around that could be via Mickleden, Rossett Gill and Ore Gap or from Three Shires Stone...?

I just quite fancied going up Crinkle Gill and having a look-see at Shelter Crag on my way up. 

Tom the tall 20 May 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Some NT car parks are open now in the lakes, although it seems difficult to find out which ones. Lanthwaite wood CP at the end of crummock water was open today, but I can't find details on the NT website as to which are open.

John Kelly 20 May 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

No alternative path yet 

Bowfell - you could go Mickleden then Grunting Gill - it's in the name or more pleasantly top of Rosset ghyll then left turn straight up the hill, few cairns bit of a scramble at top, come out North of bowfell buttress. 

In reply to John Kelly:

> No alternative path yet 

Thanks John - I'll avoid Stool End and probably head up from Rosset Gill and skirt across under BFB. Guess I'll have to take in Blisco on the way back too - a bit of extra stretch of the legs is no bad thing.

Post edited at 21:37
 John Kelly 20 May 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Stool end is a really difficult one, right through the yard, they will appreciate your efforts 

Cheers

John 

pec 20 May 2020
In reply to Tom the tall:

> Some NT car parks are open now in the lakes, although it seems difficult to find out which ones.

I posted this link on another thread but it's worth repeating for people who missed it. It tells you which are open and how busy they are (assuming it's kept up to date).

https://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/car-park-status

In reply to pec:

That's good, thanks.

Tom the tall 22 May 2020
In reply to pec:

Thanks pec, more helpful than the NT website!

Mark Eddy 22 May 2020
In reply to Tom the tall:

Seems like the NT car park at Stickle barn is open again: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/sticklebarn-and-the-langdales#Facilities%2...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...