UKC

Large Malta Group Trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PJMuir 28 Aug 2012
Hi everyone,

I will be going to Malta in October with a group of 20 guys, a mix of abilities and experience. There's going to be 3 of us leading groups and I would very much appreciate any advice anyone has to offer on locations that would provide good climbing at Severe and below climbing.

We'll be staying on Malta and probably won't venture onto Gozo unless there are some superb areas to visit.

Also if anyone knows of a 'Must See/Do' on Malta that advice would also be very appreciated.

Thanks, Paul
 Al Evans 28 Aug 2012
In reply to PJMuir: I'm sure these guys would be useful to contact
http://www.climbmalta.com/
OP PJMuir 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Al Evans: Thanks Al, I'll try them.
 Rich M 29 Aug 2012
In reply to PJMuir:
I'd suggest Victoria lines.
 Al Evans 29 Aug 2012
In reply to Rich M: Yes Victoria Lines has easy access and some easy routes, if you are with newbys without confidence some of the sea cliffs would be daunting. However if you do go to Gozo I reccomend the slabs above the Inland Sea, something like a limestone Idwal Slabs.
 Jonny2vests 31 Aug 2012
OP PJMuir 19 Sep 2012
In reply to jonny2vests: Cheers Jonny, that looks great! I'm sure there'll be a few that will love to try this!!
OP PJMuir 19 Sep 2012
In reply to Al Evans & Rich M: thanks, I'll definetly look at Victoria lines. Al did you mean 'inland' slabs or is there a crag called idwal?
 Simon Alden 25 Sep 2012
In reply to PJMuir: You're welcome to link up with us too! I would definitely also recommend Ghar Lapsi for climbs at that grade in addition to Victoria Lines. www.maltaclimbingclub.com
 Al Evans 25 Sep 2012
In reply to PJMuir: They are slabs above The Inland Sea on Gozo.
 Trangia 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to PJMuir) They are slabs above The Inland Sea on Gozo.

They are a lot steeper than Idwal Slabs
 Trangia 25 Sep 2012
In reply to PJMuir:
>
>
> Also if anyone knows of a 'Must See/Do' on Malta that advice would also be very appreciated.
>
Do you mean from a climbing or tourist point of view?

If the latter Valletta and the Grand Harbour are a must.

Be aware that trying to find your way around when driving is a nightmare - if you are hiring vehicles go the extra mile and hire a satnav!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...