UKC

Mallorca beta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
natgus 08 Sep 2012
Hey All,

I am an American climber looking for some info on Mallorca. I posted this on mountainproject.com, but figured I would get a better response here.

Anyways, I was recently accepted into a program for teaching English in Mallorca. Assuming I can get my visa taken care of I will be teaching and living in Palma from October-May. I will only be working about 12 hours a week so will have lots of time to do what I love most, climb.

Anyways, after doing some google searches without much result I figured I would post up on MP to see if people could help me out.

-Is there a climbing website for Spain similar to UKC/MP.com? I was hoping to find somewhere to post looking for long term partners.

-Are there gyms in Palma? I could not find any using google, but I would hope there is at least one gym to climb/meet people?

-Does anyone have any experience with the local climbing community there? Are there a lot of local climbers?

If anyone has any other general info/tips for me that would be great. I am excited for this job, but also nervous about all the unknowns... having a bit more info on how to meet climbers and get climbing will help out with that!

Thanks!
 gear boy 12 Sep 2012
In reply to natgus: cant help much but bumping

Dont know about websites, dont think there is an indoor wall anywhere, one proper climbing shop (foracorda) in Palma for extra info and the locals

Good cycling on and off road too as alternative sport

Stay away from Magaluf!
 silhouette 12 Sep 2012
In reply to natgus:
> I posted this on mountainproject.com, but figured I would get a better response here.

You could try "rockclimbing.com"' quite a few international climbers on there.

> having a bit more info on how to meet climbers and get climbing will help out with that!

Mallorca is so easy to get to from anywhere else in Western Europe that posting on sites such as this stands a good chance of meeting people.
j james 13 Sep 2012
In reply to natgus: There are 3 bouldering gyms in palma, you will meet lots of locals there, try also the foracorda.com website there is a forum section you could post on. send me an email when you get here if you get stuck for climbing partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...