UKC

Moelwynion guidebook advert -what route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Green 09 Oct 2021

At the bottom of the forum list, I’ve got an advert for the Moelwynion guidebook that is animated to flick through a few different images. 
One image is of a climber in a yellowy top on an almost freestanding pinnacle (joined at the top by a leaning block). 
Can anyone tell me the route and crag? It looks wild!! Thanks. 

OP Tom Green 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Tom Green:

I’ve just realised that particular advert isn’t always there, so to save people refreshing until it turns up, here’s the image:

The Pylon King 09 Oct 2021
 Alex Riley 09 Oct 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

The route is Ci Ddu (E6 6a) with Caff climbing.

It's a cool route, amongst a bunch of great lines at the crag. Definitely get the guide, there's some great content in it.

Not sure what the dig is for? I made the effort to get to the crag, take photos, cleaned and climbed new routes with Caff and others and gave the rights for them to be used in the guidebook for free. Why should I not post them here if I want to?

The Pylon King 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Alex Riley:

Nope, no dig there, just saying what I feel about the online world.

Superb, if not iconic, photograph.

OP Tom Green 09 Oct 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

Thanks! I hadn’t spotted it in the galleries and i thought it would take me ages to trawl through the crag pages. 

it’s good to put a name to the face!

Post edited at 22:58
OP Tom Green 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Alex Riley:

Cracking photo. Well worthy of going in the guide. The route looks banging too… shame it’s not a few grades easier!  

Alex Riley 10 Oct 2021
In reply to Tom Green:

There is an E2 on the same pillar to the left called maen twr og that might be more approachable, which is supposed to be really good. There's a nice E1 called igam ogam too.

Glad you like the pics

OP Tom Green 11 Oct 2021
In reply to Alex Riley:

They sound a bit more like it! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...