UKC

Montserrat - Recommendations for activities

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Swiss Tony 16 Mar 2021

Looking at Montserrat for a winter sun climbing / hiking / mountaineering trip in October / November for 10 /12 days, can anyone help with activities  and where / when’s best time  / accessibility etc

Climbing with my girlfriend who’s just started out climbing so something around 4-6a single and multi pitch along with any decent multi day hikes / via ferrata / adventure activities that we can do independently 

AJM 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Swiss Tony:

Generally the area is nice scenery for hiking. The easy multipitch is good - as in there's a fair amount of it, you get to reach actual summits, it feels like a good adventure. The Montserrat Free Climbs guide is the one I have used. Plenty to do at  Gorros for example.

I'm not very familiar with the easy single pitch stuff, although I'd note that I think some of the approach information for popular south side areas such as  El Vermell del Xincarro may now be out of date since I think cars are banned from the dirt tracks out the back of el Bruc now.

If you are happy pulling on bolts through a few bolt ladders then some of the slightly harder free routes are very well situated and are bolted for direct aid - the classic on  Cavall Bernat, Spain for example, if it is warm enough for the north side.

Lankyman 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Swiss Tony:

Well, Swiss Tony, I have climbed Montserrat and it's like making love to a beautiful woman ....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...