UKC

NEPAL; suggestions on sending aid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 09 May 2019

I feel I want to pay back Nepal for climbing I have done there. Many people there have poor eye vision and it limits their lives (esp. students). I can buy spectacles for one pound (AUS$2), the sort you buy at chemists or Pound Shops. I want to buy bulk orders and have a contact in Kathmandu who can distribute them to peasants. I will not sell them. My problem is getting them to Nepal; the posted ones are returned. I have tried charities, but no takers. Any suggestions? I will cover all costs, but don't want my contact to be hit with an import bill.

mike123 10 May 2019
In reply to Removed Usermountbeckworth: do you have  contacts at any of the large trekking / climbing companies ? ( one or two post on here ) .  They will be used to getting " stuff " in and out of Nepal and will have shipping agents who deal with the tangled web . 

In reply to Removed Usermountbeckworth:

We did a charity thing a few years ago after the earthquakes. It was organised by John Hubbard from Community Action Nepal. I don't have his contact details, but he should be able to help if you can find him.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...