UKC

New Langdale Guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Kelly 05 Oct 2013
Brilliant
OP John Kelly 07 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Just got the new guide

Bit disappointed

Its the new format, full of great photos and comprehensive route descriptions.

Turns out what i really wanted was musty, old, linen bound with delightfully vague route descriptions and pencil drawings.

Anyway on the bright side only another 15-20 yrs to the next edition
 jon 07 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly:
> (In reply to John Kelly)
>
> Turns out what i really wanted was musty, old, linen bound with delightfully vague route descriptions and pencil drawings.

Ah... now there I can help you!
 Skyfall 07 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Does the description of Oak Tree Wall at Raven make any more sense? I recall getting lost on that 20 years ago and the last guide didn't seem to have made much more sense of it.

Look forward to seeing it anyway; about time.
In reply to jon:

recently bought a 1950's langdale guide - its brilliant, I can almost climb the hardest thing in the book and as there are only 10 climbs i might even finish the thing
 Ann S 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Skyfall:

I was going to ask exactly the same question about Original Route on the same cag. Got to go back and make more sense of that one!!
In reply to Ann S: & skyfall

includes great pic of raven crag butress which should help but its a funny route
 nastyned 07 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly: I that the one where you get to a big ledge half way up and take a stroll till you get to the start of the next pitch?
In reply to nastyned:

i think that is Original Route
the pictures in the new guide will sort out that whole confusing slab
 Ann S 08 Oct 2013
In reply to nastyned:
> (In reply to MFB) I that the one where you get to a big ledge half way up and take a stroll till you get to the start of the next pitch?

That's the way I did it but I will interested to see the piccies.
 GrahamD 08 Oct 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Style aside, does anyone know whether there is a substantial change to the route coverage since the previous guide ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...