UKC

North York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 el diablo 25 Jul 2021

I’m hoping to climb at Scugdale this week. Somewhere new for me, any suggestions for a campsite nearby folks? Or any other suggestions for another venue suitable for soloing in that part of the world? Routes, pubs, etc? Thanks in anticipation.

In reply to el diablo:

Park Nab has always been good for an afternoon.

Graeme Hammond 25 Jul 2021
In reply to el diablo:

Park nab and wainstones are both worth considering nearbly though not quite as good for soloing.  Actually not that far away (perhaps falls into your definition of that part of the world?) over in yorksire Slipstones is compltly brilliant too for some soloing depending on your grade.

Slackboot 25 Jul 2021
In reply to el diablo:

I think there is a camping barn at Kildale below Park Nab. There is a cafe in the village too. The Jet Miners pub in Great Broughton below the Wainstones was a place that climbers used to meet. Camp Hill crag is quite good. Watch out for Ticks at this time of year though. Oh! and if you climb harder stuff check out the New Dimensions buttress of Barkers Crag which is part of Scugdale. It is impressive. It reminds me a bit of Kyloe in Northumberland.

Post edited at 22:00
OP el diablo 26 Jul 2021
In reply to Slackboot:

Cheers folks. Kildare was fully booked but got in to South View Farm campsite at Great Busby. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...