UKC

Northern Morocco Info??0

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oscaig 03 Nov 2013
Looks like I'll be heading out to live and work in Rabat, Morocco from coming January until July/August. I'll definitely be looking to get a couple of trips down to Tafraoute for some trad quartzite action while I'm there but does anyone have any info on some of the crags and climbing areas closer to Rabat/Casablanca such as Ain Belmusk, Ben Slimane or Chefchaouen?

I'll be taking ropes, full rack etc. and keen to get out to play. so anyone who's based in Morocco and available to climb or coming out and looking for a partner for some VS-HVS / F5-6b+ routes drop me a line.

Cheers,

Ian
 lost1977 03 Nov 2013
In reply to oscaig:

had a look at some of the stuff around Chefchaouen when i was over there last time a couple of years back, some nice looking easyish bolted routes (possibly 2 pitch) just outside of town
OP oscaig 03 Nov 2013
In reply to lost1977: Thanks lost1977 - seem to be a few decent areas to visit in the North of the country but not much in the way of guidebook coverage. Might be a matter of just going there and seeing what the score is from local info.

Ian
silo 03 Nov 2013
In reply to oscaig: akchour is the place to climb.
 lost1977 03 Nov 2013
In reply to oscaig:

could be worth giving my mate Sean over at Morocco trek and cycle a shout (find them on FB). think they have scouted out several new areas (certainly know they did for mountain biking)
OP oscaig 03 Nov 2013
In reply to lost1977:
Cheers Silo and Lost1977 - I'll check-in with Sean at Morocco Trek and Cycle - where are they based?

Ian
 lost1977 09 Nov 2013
In reply to oscaig:

been in contact with Shaun and sent him quite a general message due to the amount of interest in Morocco on UKc, his reply was

" I will sort some good places for your friends. Can you send detailed info of thier likes etc. Obviously thr high atlas and sahara are favourites in the winter. Depends on if they want sunshine or snow. There are excellent remote berber villages i can reccomend for ya. Let us know pal."

so if anyone wants help just drop me an email and i can forward it to Shaun, Basically he's a nice guy who i met years ago (on a hotel rooftop in Marrakesh) from the UK whos moved there and runs a trekking and cycle company but doesn't mind sharing information

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...