UKC

/ Overnight parking Pooley Bridge

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
shuffle - on 17 May 2018

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that I can leave a car for 48 hours in Pooley Bridge?

Happy to pay, but I don't know whether the pay and display car park will allow me to pay for two days when I park up and I won't be around to put more cash in the machine on the second day.

Thanks

fellrunningjen - on 18 May 2018
In reply to shuffle:

There is a car park near the Sun Inn, I think it's about £3 per day which at busy times has a parking attendant. Last time I was there he was friendly and helpful. Fills up though as its much cheeper than the other car parks in the village.

Pedro50 on 18 May 2018
In reply to fellrunningjen:

Second that. If the guy is there you can come to an agreement for a 48 hr price. If absent i would leave a note in your car and put say £6 in the honesty box, will probably be fine. 

shuffle - on 18 May 2018
In reply to Pedro50:

that sounds perfect, thank you!

shuffle - on 18 May 2018
In reply to fellrunningjen:

that sounds great (and cheap!). Thanks  

petegunn on 18 May 2018
In reply to shuffle:

Alternatively there is a lay-by big enough for 3 cars on the minor road near a + jucntion. Follow signs to Howtown from the centre of Pooley Bridge to reach a + junc (right to Howtown, left to Penrith, straight over (T) heading up towards Askham Fell.

Go left at junc towards Penrith, lay-by 50/100yrds on left.
Might not be as secure as the car park?

shuffle - on 18 May 2018
In reply to petegunn:

Sounds like a good back up plan if the car park near the Sun Inn is full. Thanks Pete!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.