UKC

Overnight parking Pooley Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shuffle 17 May 2018

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that I can leave a car for 48 hours in Pooley Bridge?

Happy to pay, but I don't know whether the pay and display car park will allow me to pay for two days when I park up and I won't be around to put more cash in the machine on the second day.

Thanks

fellrunningjen 18 May 2018
In reply to shuffle:

There is a car park near the Sun Inn, I think it's about £3 per day which at busy times has a parking attendant. Last time I was there he was friendly and helpful. Fills up though as its much cheeper than the other car parks in the village.

Pedro50 18 May 2018
In reply to fellrunningjen:

Second that. If the guy is there you can come to an agreement for a 48 hr price. If absent i would leave a note in your car and put say £6 in the honesty box, will probably be fine. 

OP shuffle 18 May 2018
In reply to Pedro50:

that sounds perfect, thank you!

OP shuffle 18 May 2018
In reply to fellrunningjen:

that sounds great (and cheap!). Thanks  

petegunn 18 May 2018
In reply to shuffle:

Alternatively there is a lay-by big enough for 3 cars on the minor road near a + jucntion. Follow signs to Howtown from the centre of Pooley Bridge to reach a + junc (right to Howtown, left to Penrith, straight over (T) heading up towards Askham Fell.

Go left at junc towards Penrith, lay-by 50/100yrds on left.
Might not be as secure as the car park?

OP shuffle 18 May 2018
In reply to petegunn:

Sounds like a good back up plan if the car park near the Sun Inn is full. Thanks Pete!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...