UKC

Patterdale parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 20 Jan 2023

A bit of googling suggests that you can park at the cricket/football club parking for 3 quid in a honesty box. Does anyone know if that is the case in winter and has used that parking recently? Possibly going that way on Sunday. I know there are few roadside parking spots in Patterdale village if you get there early enough but just thinking of alternatives if those spots are already occupied. 

Many thanks!

cathsullivan 20 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

I haven't used it since before christmas but use it fairly often and it's usually fine. Busier than it used to be as more people seem to know about it. I think they are now asking for a fiver, which is a bargain.

Gav Parker 20 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Hi was up there earlier this week, yes you can park where you say its a fiver now though the same as the Patterdale Hotel car park.

Enjoy its fabulous at the moment.

Dark-Cloud 20 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Yep, its open all year, just don't tell too many people its there!

Phil1919 20 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Just as a heads up, the bus routes are £2 a journey even on the 555. G8 value and g8 for point to point hassle free hiking. Oh, and no de icing involved.....

They start early and finish late.

Lovely out there just now.

Exile 20 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

It will be open Toby

Rog Wilko 20 Jan 2023
In reply to Phil1919:

Good reminder. In case anyone needs the 555 timetable go to “Cumbria Council 555 bus”. Great tip: get off the bus at top of Dunmail Raise, walk the length of the Helvellyn Range and pick up the return bus from Legburthwaite. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...