UKC

Peak Eastern Edges Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackwd 23 Dec 2012
Is there much dry rock about? Trying to decide whether to make the trip across tomorrow?
 mark20 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd:
Stuff in the sun and wind was dry today at Burbage N, but the back of cracks a bit greasy. I'd guess Stanage and Curbar will be similar.
 Dan Arkle 23 Dec 2012

It would have been ok today, dried by a strong and (relatively) mild wind. Groundwater is high, anything that can seep will be wet.

No rain predicted overnight, but with light rain or drizzle predicted for most of tomorrow I wouldn't make a long trip for it unless you are very optimistic.
 Michael Hood 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd: Rivelin was ok today but if it rains, who knows
OP Jackwd 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd: Thanks guys. MWIS has a small threat of isolated showers!
 The Norris 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd:

Birchen was dry today, if not a bit soggy underfoot, with the odd line affected by seepage. Worth a risk i say!
OP Jackwd 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd: Tried a visit yesterday, all crags are soaked! Ground sodden also, might take a couple of days to dry up enough! Clag was down too.
OP Jackwd 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd: Anyone been up on the edges recently, whats the situation with snowmelt/seepage? Is it worth a punt this weekend?
 Chris the Tall 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd:
More snow forecast tonight, slightly warmer tomorrow, then rain sweeping in late on Saturday. You might find stuff to do tomorrow, but I doubt it - they'll be a lot of melting snow. Theres probably been a foot or so of snow around Burbage and Stanage (was cycling up there on Weds).
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Also worth remembering that after a prolonged cold spell warmer weather will cause condensation on all chilled surfaces so everything will be wet for a couple of days.

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...