UKC

Peak edge ideas for tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alooker 08 Mar 2013
Forecast looks a little suspect so I was going to head up to Rivelin as it was dry here the last time I was in the park and it was raining elsewhere. Forecasts are saying different things, best seems to be intermittent rain.

Looking for short and sharp routes around e1 as I figure we won't get too cold that way.

Anyone have any better ideas, or am I wasting my time?!
 Al Evans 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker: I can only say that the Eastern Peak (Sheffield) is in a bit of a rain shadow area compared to the Manchester side, but it's a long time since I lived there it was always the way when I did.
 spidermonkey09 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker: I too am braving the peak tomorrow and was thinking of checking out Rivelin as well. The best forecast I can find suggests intermittent rain like you say. I think we may need to get lucky though so the Foundry might be a better option!
In reply to alooker:

It'll be gopping. The problem isn't so much the rain, as the fact that the crag will currently be soaked, and it won't dry out until either the cloud/mist buggers off, the wind picks up and/or the sun comes out.
OP alooker 08 Mar 2013
In reply to victim of mathematics: is it gonna be that bad? Anyone in the area today?
 lowersharpnose 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker:

I live up a hill near Stanage. It is wet and miserable today, the pile of recently collected kindling sticks out side my house is dripping.
 Andy Hardy 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker:

Have a look at the outside webcam:http://www.outside.co.uk/latest/weather
 ChrisJD 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker:

It's minging in Hope Valley today. Wife is doing the Grindleford Gallop tomorrow and they have sent out bad weather warnings to all entrants...

I'll be chainsawing logs in the rain.

Sunday is forecast even worse!
OP alooker 08 Mar 2013
In reply to alooker: arg, I guess I was being ridiculously hopeful as I haven't been up there for a while
 John H Bull 08 Mar 2013
In reply to victim of mathematics:
I just looked up 'gopping': surely not that bad...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gopping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...