UKC

Pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Drew52 30 Sep 2012
I'm working in Pembroke for 6 weeks and wondering which area is best to climb at. i'm a midgrade climber leading E1 max. Also which guide would be good to get? Thanks
 johnnorman 30 Sep 2012
In reply to Drew52:

Bloody hell the list is endless !!
OP Drew52 30 Sep 2012
In reply to Drew52: Also, where is the nearest indoor wall, for when the weathers bad.
 Dave Reeve 01 Oct 2012
In reply to Drew52: The climbing is pretty much all good in Pembroke so if I were you I would choose where you climb based on a) tides and b) wind direction/weather. For example, if there is a strong westerly blowing choose an east facing crag like St Govans East, Mowing Word East etc
 Jon Stewart 01 Oct 2012
In reply to Drew52: The Rockfax selected guide is excellent.

Tides, the MOD, the wind etc will pretty much dictate where you climb. I would particularly recommend going to Mother Carey's at some point, my favourite crag in the area with superb routes around HVS/E1.

http://www.planetfear.com/articles/14_Mother_Careys_Kitchen_730.html
 Brett Ffitch 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Drew52: as others have said loads of great routes of that grade all over Pembrokeshire. If you are only here for a short time the rockfax is probably best. Although the new CC guides are excellent and worth the investment if you are going to be climbing here a lot.

The nearest climbing wall is dynamic rock in Swansea.
Wish somebody would open a good wall in Pembrokeshire.

Enjoy
OP Drew52 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Drew52: cheers lads

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...