UKC

Pembroke - which guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tehmarks 18 Apr 2022

Planning on spending a few days in Pembroke in a few weeks, and it seems like a suitable occasion to expand my book collection. What would people recommend?

We're going to be in North Pembroke, but might take a trip to Saddle Head on the last day. The options seem to be the selective Wired/CC guidebook, or the CC definitive North Pembroke one. I have a Rockfax subscription to fill in Saddle Head, and likewise as I have a Rockfax subscription I probably won't plumb for the Rockfax guidebook (sorry Alan!).

https://climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/pembroke-rock-guidebook.html
https://climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/pembroke-north-volume-one-rock-cl...

The Pylon King 18 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Selective Wired/CC guidebook is all you need.

kevin stephens 18 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks: if you’re based on the North Coast then the definitive guide will give you a lot more to go on

climbingpixie 18 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

The Wired guide is massive, the CC guides are a much better size for sticking down your top to carry up routes.

John Alcock 18 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Wired/CC

Baz P 27 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Don’t forget to check the range firing times for Saddle Head and all of that vicinity. Could spoil your day, especially if it’s incoming from Russia.

planetmarshall 27 Apr 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

You will benefit from having the definitive guide, especially if you're there on a busy weekend. Many quality routes don't make it into the selected guide.

OP tehmarks 03 May 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Sorry all, I completely forgot to get back to this thread! We eventually bought the CC/Wired select guide locally, and I think that was probably the most sensible option as we only ended up climbing there for a couple of days, I'm unlikely to get back to Pembroke very often, and the next trip will probably be to the south. Seems that there's plenty of good stuff to go at in the select guidebook.

Thanks for all the contributions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...