UKC

Pembroke large swell crag suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danbow73 21 Aug 2020

As above, big swell tomorrow so not sure we'll be able to get out! Anyone got any suggestions for crags to check out that are less impacted by swell! 

FactorXXX 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Danbow73:

Crickmail Point - B Team Buttress area.
Saddle Head.
Some routes on Stennis Head might be OK.

In reply to Danbow73:

^Those are the best bets.
Maybe St Govans East, but I'd watch how it's developing for a while before abbing in.
East side of Mowingword could be ok at low tide if you're lucky with the wind direction but it's bit of a walk if you aren't.

OP Danbow73 21 Aug 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

Thanks, Went to check out saddle head this evening, got soaked standing on top by the blue sky ab in! Fingers crossed for better conditions tomorrow

Andy Hardy 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Danbow73:

Which way is the swell running? Might be sheltered over in North Pembroke.

AdrianC 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Danbow73:

A friend and I once decided that Pigs on the Wing would be a dry option on a day of large waves.  The illusion lasted until I was at the hanging belay and the waves started slamming into the roof above me.  It was quite unforgettable.

Kevster 21 Aug 2020
In reply to AdrianC:

Having had a fully enjoyable but memorable experience of the route myself, I can only imagine what this bought to the party. 

You deserve hero status and a cup of foresight in equal measures. 

In reply to Andy Hardy:

Meant to be blowing out of the SW this weekend. Ignore my last post if that's not the case. 

I did Bludgeon (HVS 5a) when waves were breaking over Bosherston head. Felt pretty intrepid. 

FactorXXX 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Danbow73:

> Thanks, Went to check out saddle head this evening, got soaked standing on top by the blue sky ab in! Fingers crossed for better conditions tomorrow

What time does the pub open? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...