UKC

Pembroke Monday Tuesday, sea state.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 13 Feb 2020

Hi, 

Monday and Tuesday is looking nice weather. However magic seaweed is saying 14ft waves at Freshwater. I know Pembroke quite well, but I've never been there when it is rough; I guess that means most venues, even St Govens will be covered in spray?

Thanks

In reply to David Coley:

I haven't checked the firing for next week, but if open stennis head and quite a few parts of st govan's and st govan's east have big enough rock platforms as to be perfectly safe low - mid ride, with some areas becoming restricted closer to high tide. Forecast seems to be saying 40mph winds at weekend easiing to 20mph for Monday/Tuesday so I would think a fair few routes won't be too badly affected by spray. Going to feel quite chilly though at 8 c and 20mph winds. St govan's east will be out of the wind thorough.

Toerag 14 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley:

If there's 14ft of swell things will be covered in spray if there's the slightest onshore wind. Maybe not too wet to climb, but you'll need to rinse everything with fresh water afterwards. Top tip - take a wet flannel to wipe your face with at the end of the day so you don't wipe salt into your eyes when you're driving home.

kevin stephens 14 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley: Your belayer will be needing a dry suit for that amount of swell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...