UKC

Pembrook- st davids area mobile phone signal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pollypoket 17 Jun 2021

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there's much mobile phone signal on the crags around st davids? ive got a call i really cant miss but hoping to go climbing for the weekend. Thanks

Moacs 17 Jun 2021
In reply to pollypoket:

You can usually find a signal at the tops.  If you're on the cliff or at the bottom it's unlikely.

Can you fix a time for your call?

In reply to pollypoket:

It can be very network dependent i know in South pembs at St govans and around Manorbier I can get reception on the cliff tops on ee. But some friends on some other networks get nothing. I know I've also got ee reception at carfai near St davids. I imagine you must be able to get reception on all major networks in St davids so just check your reception when driving through and approaching the crag. If you've got nothing at the crag head back to where you last got decent reception. If you have to wait a while for the call use this as a lunch or coffee/cake break.

Dave Garnett 17 Jun 2021
In reply to pollypoket:

It's pretty patchy between St Justinian's and Whitesands Bay, at least on Vodaphone. Nothing at Narrow Zawn. 

Tigger 24 Jun 2021
In reply to pollypoket:

I'm O² and never get signal around St Govan's head, Range East or the surrounding Campsites for reference.

Edit: thinking on it it's slightly better along the cliffs, but absolutely nothing in the village.

Post edited at 07:06
 heleno 24 Jun 2021
In reply to pollypoket:

We had reasonable signal with Three at the top of Carreg y Barcud (my partner was in a similar situation to you, and successfully took part in a Zoom meeting!) 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...