UKC

Planpraz & Brevant cable cars

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy S 18 Jun 2019

We're planning to do some routes up around Brevant tomorrow. The cable cars run 0850 to 1630 so we want to be on the first cable car.

We've never taken cable cars anywhere before. To ensure we maximise our time, should we buy our tickets in advance? Is that even possible? I'm wondering if we're going to get there and there's a big queue and we end up getting on at 9.30 or something.

Also, does it happen where, to come down on the last car, there's a queue and the people at the back don't make it on and have to walk down the mountain? 

Rigid Raider 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Andy S:

You'd be well advised to stroll over the day before and find out the situation because you will be in competition with thousands of tourists for a place. Pretty sure the Midi cable car now has timed tickets.

Slarti B 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Andy S:

I've been up the Brevent a couple of times and it has not been very busy, we just turned up and got on.  Very different to the Midi one!  Rememeber the lower lift is a telecabine so are going every 15 seconds or so.  

Maybe turn up a bit earlier than opening time to give enough time to but the tickets?  But worth chcking out teh day if you have time as Rigid Raider suggests

Post edited at 11:07
OP Andy S 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Andy S:

Cheers all, I checked at the tourism office and she said there won't be many people and it isn't possible to buy tickets in advance.

Now I just need to find out what the snow situation is up there at the moment... 

donuthead8 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Andy S:

The Brevant cable car system is little pods, so continually going up. Even if a few people there doesn't take long to clear. Most of the climbing can be reached from middle station. From the middle station to Brevant summit is a proper cable car so sometimes there is a wait for that.

i think ticket office opens before cable car opens so worth getting there early. 

Emjoy it a great place to climb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...