UKC

public transport from chamonix to ceuse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Anna G 15 May 2012
hello does anyone know how you can get from chamonix to ceuse via public transport, or has anyone ever done it? or know if its easy enough to hitch. thankyou very much anna.
 Morgan Woods 15 May 2012
In reply to annna g:

you probably need to get to grenoble (train or bus), then another train to Gap, then taxi. Hitching might be tough.
 DaveR 15 May 2012
In reply to annna g:

I met some people in Ceuse who easily hitched there from Cham. They put a sign up in the campsite in Cham asking for a lift, of course it's helpful if you are flexible with dates.
OP Anna G 15 May 2012
In reply to annna g: ok nice one that sounds good thankyou
 dalai 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: From someone who hitched from Gap - all I can say is that it's a bloody long walk!

Even with cardboard sign with Sigoyer marked I walked much of D994 before getting picked up and driven the last couple of km to the turn off. Walked some more and after waiting for quite some time by the lake was finally picked up by a non climbing mother and son. They kindly drove me right up to the campsite.

Note this was quite a few years ago and I was a long haired hippy back then, so may have scared off prospective lifts?
mastercylinder 09 Jun 2012
In reply to annna g: Register tourself on covoiturage.fr. Its a carpool site. Im getting a ride from cham towards verdon tomorrow for 33 euros. Will still have to hitch 70 km but thats no sweat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...