UKC

Quiet camping in Fontainebleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teapot 13 Apr 2019

I have just got back from Bleau and it delivered once again! Quality conditions and not too busy, which might be a result of Brexit uncertainty.

When camping we have tended to avoid La Musardiere as when I last stayed there it was too busy and noisy in the evenings.

A great alternative is Ile de Boulancourt (translated - Island of Boulancourt) which is a beautiful spot with great facilities. €7.50 a night and decent price on quality pad hire. 

I would recommend it as a great spot for families and those who want to avoid the crowds! Last week we basically had the place to ourselves (15 of us there on a school trip).

It is a bit further from main bouldering areas than La Musardiere, but that is a price worth paying for peace (and security of property). 

The nearest large bouldering area is Buthier within 5 mins drive. 

dilatory 13 Apr 2019
In reply to teapot:

If there's more than one couple going we've found renting an airbnb or similar works out remarkably close in terms of price. Plus the benefit of your own space, showers, a fridge etc. Well worth any slight extras. 

TheGeneralist 14 Apr 2019
In reply to teapot:

I had assumed you were posting to ask for a quieter campsite and so opened the thread to suggest isle de boulancourt! It is indeed quiet.

Having said which, geez due point was also very quiet last week as well, if only they'd get some bloody seats for the toilets it would be great.

Geez due  point = Grez sur loing(obvs)

Fruit 14 Apr 2019
In reply to TheGeneralist:

With you on the seat thing!

OP teapot 14 Apr 2019
In reply to dilatory:

Got a gite booked via AirB&B for May, but our school trips would not work with a gite, as we would need atleast 8 rooms, and having looked into it, camping is the only viable option.

For larger groups of adults or multiple families I definitely recognise the benefit of gites over camping. 

In reply to teapot:

+1 for boulancourt. Usually go for a gite since it's cheaper and more convenient and more comfortable and simpler, but if we camp we camp there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...