/ Railay Beach - Accommodation

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
ALF_BELF on 18 Mar 2019

Does anybody know if you need to book somewhere to stay when visiting Railay beach or can you just turn up and find somewhere without much bother?

Also, can anyone recommend whether to stay on the Tonsai or Railay side?

Thanks!

Pan Ron - on 18 Mar 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

Heading in to low season so will be fine to just turn up, if you are there around the 10-11am check-out time it will be straight-forward.

Tonsai is best for the climber vibe, though Railay better for beach.  Both are easily accessible by the other.

CarolineMc - on 19 Mar 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

I prebooked using booking.com, more than anything to see what the prices and facilities were for each guest house/ hotel. There are a lot of accommodation options at railay and you'd be trawling around asking prices and facilities... 

We ended up taking a punt in a cheaper but simple place called Annyavee. Turned out really well... good rooms, lovely people and away from the noise. Half the price of the other place we looked at which turned out to be noisy and very commercial. 

Tonsai is easier... only one or two options on that side  

If you're there just to climb and want to mix with other climbers for beta and partners I'd go to tonsai. If you're wanting to enjoy the beach, some kayaking and general chilling I'd stay at railay. 

It's lovely! C-:

Post edited at 09:56
rickeden - on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

Do not book, as its worth dumping your bags at a restaurant and walking around. If you are staying a week or more then you can negotiate the rate, which is way cheaper than booking.com 

tim000 - on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

stayed at Avatar 2 years ago , would recommend it . https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/avatar-railay.en-gb.html

Post edited at 17:28

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.