UKC

Raven's scar conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Munch 26 May 2021

We're up in Yorkshire over the bh weekend and wondering if Raven's Scar is likely to be dry by Sunday / Monday? Any local knowledge would be great, thanks. 

Franco Cookson 26 May 2021
In reply to Munch:

Not been there in ages, but I imagine it'll be rank. 

Ram MkiV 27 May 2021
In reply to Munch:

Walking over the top of the crag about a month ago, lots of the routes looked clean and chalked.  Unfortunately I think Franco will be right about current situation though.  I'd guess most routes will be dry by Sunday/Monday but will likely be in bad condition with dirt and lichen.  Nothing a bit of a cleaning and brushing effort wouldn't sort, depends how keen you are.  Wainstones is much more reliable in terms of being clean and dry as a potential back up?  Though it'll probably be boiling there in the sun.  Can't win! 

climberchristy 27 May 2021
In reply to Munch:

If it stays dry through from now to Sunday almost all the routes will be dry with the possible odd exception such as the top part of Satchmo which seeps. However, will be green and lichenous on some routes. Some lines are cleaner than others. If you are prepared to ab and brush there are some good lines to go at. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on any specific routes. 

OP Munch 29 May 2021
In reply to Munch:

Thanks guys. Going to go have a look tomorrow with the Wainstones as a backup. Will report back! 

TomPearce63 01 Jun 2021
In reply to Munch:

Sorry for being late to this, I know I'm too late but anyways: Most of Raven's scar dries within a day. Routes like 'Stratagem and Collateral' dry in about 6 or so hours. Over on the fever pitch wall, the routes take about a day to dry.

Raven is pretty clean at the moment, so almost the entire crag will be in good condition at the moment.

OP Munch 01 Jun 2021
In reply to Munch:

We didn't make it out on Sunday due to an irresistible invitation to a pub garden in the sun. We went and met some friends at Slipstones yesterday for a few routes, so will have to come back for Raven's Scar another day. Thanks for all the advice. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...