UKC

Riglos, Spain - when to go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rock_Lizard_3 27 Feb 2021

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on the best time of year to go to Riglos, Spain? 

Was thinking end of October?

Cheers

Bernard

KA 27 Feb 2021
In reply to Rock_Lizard_3:

Yep, October is a good time of the year for Riglos. Don't forget that Rodellar is also not too far away. 

Anotherclimber 27 Feb 2021

Seven trips to Riglos over the years.  Always in April.  Can't remember experiencing anything but ideal conditions.  From the comments of some of my associates who have also sampled the particular delights of Riglos, it may be an acquired taste.   I personally think its a marvellous place and the climbing, if you are comfortable on the kind of stuff it offers, is very good, very exciting.  Take care on some of the descents and be mindful of people climbing above and below.   Suck it and see when you get there but I loved it which is why I kept going back.  Hope you have a good time.

Kevster 27 Feb 2021
In reply to Anotherclimber:

I'd add have extra caution if it's rained recently. Being conglomerate the cement part seems to unstick the rock part when wet. 

I really enjoyed riglos. You get some awesome space under your feet....

Andypeak 28 Feb 2021

I went in October and had perfect weather. It was the most memorable climbing trip of my life. Had an amazing yet slightly terrifying time. 

ChrisJD 28 Feb 2021

Been three times, twice at Easter, once late August. October should be very good as well.

We had great weather for each time.

It is an incredible place to climb; memories of the routes will stay with you for a lifetime. 

ChrisJD 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Andypeak:

> ... yet slightly terrifying time. 

Oh yes, the terror levels can get high

Ian65 28 Feb 2021

With towers facing in most directions there is plenty of scope for climbing throughout a large part of the year. I've been there twice in early March; you might find this article of interest:

http://ianwyattwriting.co.uk/climbing-articles/riglos-climber/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...