UKC

Road to Froggatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

What is the deal with the road to froggatt? Is it really shut... If going after 5 can you drive from Calver to the top parking... If not got you get the the cheques?

In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

lets try that in English

What is the deal with the road to Froggatt? Is it really shut... If going after 5pm for example can you drive from Calver to the top parking... If not can you get to the Chequers Inn parking?

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 30 May 2023
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

I'm glad you corrected your post, because although I knew what you were asking, I was put off replying to your first attempt...!

I've been driving through the Froggatt road closure throughout, outside of working hours.  And they knock off early on a Friday too.

Last time I drove through, which was a few weeks ago, there was a long section with no passing places below the Curbar turning, down towards the bridge, so you need to drive cautiously and be prepared to reverse a long way if you meet someone with similar intentions coming the other way!

Access to the upper part of the Froggatt road has been possible by driving through Froggatt village throughout.

Hope that helps?

In reply to Neil Foster:

Thanks. First attempt was made on a phone while pretending to be fully engaged on a teams meeting that could easily have been sorted by an email.

Maybe multi-tasking isn't my thing.

GrahamD 30 May 2023
In reply to Neil Foster:

I'm guessing it's all passable by push bike ?

hang_about 30 May 2023
In reply to GrahamD:

Not always - they got very efficient at blocking it off a few months ago. Most of the time yes though. I cycle those routes regularly  -they closed Frogatt and Calver at the same time a while ago!

GrahamD 30 May 2023
In reply to hang_about:

Fingers crossed tomorrow, then !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...