UKC

Rodellar/Margalef/Siurana recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 8dreams 23 Jan 2018

Hi all,

My gf and I are planning a trip to the pyrenees in mid May. I already made quite some research but though it would be wise to tap into the ukc community knowledge so i have to balance between two interests/ideas of fun:

My gf is into hiking, new places, beautiful nature and 5-low range 6s for climbing

I am into 7b/7b+ os and working out fast 7c's.

Any tips how i can best combine it? Looking at the crags i was thinking of 2 days rodellar for os, and 2-3 days in each siurana and margalef for some of the amazing 7c's there (the "short" and bouldery ones like la pleb, siuka tot, tsunami, ILercavonia and others). Ideas for crags, campings and rest day activities will be also highly appreciated (we will be with a car and a tent 

Thanks in advance

Alan Rubin 23 Jan 2018
In reply to 8dreams:

It is worth pointing out that neither Siurana nor Margalef are in the Pyrenees and are both several hours drive from Rodellar. While this may not be an issue for you, if you plan on doing the drive on a rest day, for instance, it could have an impact if you are on a tight schedule. If you will be in Spain for only a week, there is more than enough of all you both are looking for in, or close to, each of those locations for any one of them to be sufficient rather than spending precious time driving between them.

OP 8dreams 23 Jan 2018
In reply to Alan Rubin:

Thanks for the reply and pointing that out. Indeed, my idea is to spend 2-3 days in Rodellar and the surroundings and then 6-7 days somewhere close to Siurana/Margalef (within one hour drive). I already got the guidebook and found quite a few sectors that fit the needs, so I guess that's sorted. The question about interesting hikes/"sightseeings" still remains though if somebody has tips.

Also, out of curiosity and in order to try to set somewhat reasonable expectations - are the grades soft/hard or it depends on the specific climb and you can find everything? I have read on a few places that they are incredibly soft and on other places that they are very hard....?!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...