UKC

Saas Grund huts & campsite pre-booking required?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MattDTC 03 Jul 2018

Hi, Wonder if anyone knows if there is a need to pre-book the Almageller/Weissmies/Hohsaas huts? And valley campsites? Two people, last week in July.

Cheers in advance

subtle 03 Jul 2018
In reply to MattDTC:

> Hi, Wonder if anyone knows if there is a need to pre-book the Almageller/Weissmies/Hohsaas huts? And valley campsites? Two people, last week in July.

> Cheers in advance

Whilst there may or may not be a requirement to advance book would it not make more sense to do this if you were intent on travelling all that way to stay there, just to find its busy/booked out? Just a suggestion......

JLS 03 Jul 2018
In reply to MattDTC:

>"pre-book the Almageller/Weissmies/Hohsaas huts"

I think the hut guardians see it as good manners to book at least a day or two in advance.

If you just turn up they will try and accommodate you but may appear slightly put out.

I'd guess Hohsaas isn't that busy these days as fewer people climb Weissmies that way. The other two will be busy.

Post edited at 14:24
 pec 03 Jul 2018
In reply to MattDTC:

I stopped on one of the campsites in Saas Grund last year for about 10 days around the end of July into early August. It was the first one after the town as you head up the valley, there is another a short distance further. It never came near to being full so I wouldn't worry about booking that in advance.

The only hut we used was the Mischabel and we only booked that the day before.

Lakeslina 03 Jul 2018
In reply to MattDTC:

We stayed at Camping Mischabel in July last year. I think we did pre-book as we were quite a big group, but people seemed to just turn up too. There was loads of space.

We mostly booked huts the day before by phone and it was fine, although a couple of mates did find the Weissmies hut was fully booked for Saturday night on a good forecast. We stayed at Almageller, Weissmies, Mischabel and Hohsaas huts, and got those nights discounted at the valley campsite when we showed hut receipts.

MattDTC 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Lakeslina:

Thanks everyone for the replies, very helpful.

Ta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...