UKC

Sardinia - Must visit crags in 2 week trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ramon Marin 27 Nov 2022

What must-visit single pitch sport crags should be on my list when visiting Sardinia? I’ve never been so I’d like some recommendations. Grades from 6b to 7b. Thanks!

Rharrison 30 Nov 2022
In reply to Ramon Marin:

We spent two weeks there last Easter and the standout area was Ulassai IMO. Great scenery, beautiful rock, nice vibes and cheap pizza. 

PaulJepson 30 Nov 2022
In reply to Rharrison:

Agree, Ulassai is great. 

I dont know if it's any good but I regret not climbing some of that great-looking granite while I was there.

If you want some inspo, check this guys IG:

https://instagram.com/mauriziooviglia?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

We got bored of pizza when we were there, it's the only option! Drove to the next town in search of something else. Only restaurant there? Pizza place. 

Post edited at 21:39
 Ian Patterson 30 Nov 2022
In reply to Ramon Marin:

A further thumbs up for Ulassai.  We we there in late June, bit hot but overall very impressed.  Lovely village in a beautiful setting with crags surrounding it, generally walkable or very short drive to save a few minutes walking.   Thought the climbing quality was really good, pretty varied though with a bias towards wall/slightly overhanging, good spread of grades with lots mid 6s to high 7s.

Only other place I've been in Sardinia is Cala Gonone, nice coastal setting and some good stuff worth visiting but more spread out and not as good as Ulassai imo.

climber34neil 30 Nov 2022
In reply to Ramon Marin:

Cala goloritze  Cala Goloritzé

Biddiriscottai

Gola di Gorroppu Area

Post edited at 22:37
 KA 01 Dec 2022
In reply to Ramon Marin:

There's plenty of interesting climbing on the west coast, around Buggeru, including the granite crag of Capo Pecora:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/?location=Buggeru&distance=20 

shaunhumphreys 01 Dec 2022
In reply to Ramon Marin:

When you off Ramon? Im out there over new year be good to pick your brains if you are out before? or maybe catch you out there?

Toerag 02 Dec 2022
In reply to climber34neil:

Cala Goloritze is cool, but all multipitch iirc.

Carless 02 Dec 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

> We got bored of pizza when we were there, it's the only option! 

Was in Ulassai a month ago. There's also the Ferro & Fuoco restaurant that makes a great change from pizza

climber34neil 02 Dec 2022
In reply to Toerag:

He'll be fine, they will change their minds when they see it

PaulJepson 02 Dec 2022
In reply to Carless:

Is that new? When I was there a few years back there was only the pizza place. One night I thought I'd try change things up, as they had a 'veggie burger' on the menu at the pizza place. It was a lot more expensive than the pizzas but I couldn't take anymore cheese&bread so I thought I'd push the boat out. 

I was served a single veggie burger pattie on an otherwise empty plate. The sort of burger you get from the supermarket freezer. No bun. No chips. No salad. 

I had to order a supplementary pizza. 

Carless 02 Dec 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

Don't know how new it is. Was my first time in Ulassai

I thought it and the pizza place were good. An Italian friend thought the pizzas were terrible

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...