/ Scafell Pike circular link-up

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
humptydumpty - on 22 Apr 2019

Anyone got route suggestions for a full day out in the Lakes taking in Scafell Pike peak?  Ideally taking in a decent amount of scrambling, but also happy with climbing up to Severe, or the odd harder move.  I'm happy to carry a rope and rack if advisable

Rick Graham on 22 Apr 2019
In reply to humptydumpty:

At about Severe but mostly rough ground.

Piers Ghyll, avoid the first waterfall on the left, the second on the right. Trend right just before Straight Ghyll to climb an amazing water washed groove. Any route up Lingmell, probably the best line is the ridge right of Straight Ghyll, possibly the line of Lingmell Buttress route, missing from the FRCC archives. Finishes on a knife edge pinnacled ridge leading directly to Lingmell summit. Cut across the col to scramble up Broad Crag. Join the hordes to finish on Scafell Pike.

phizz4 - on 22 Apr 2019

Starting from Brotherkeld in Eskdale do the Esk Gorge, grade 2, three stars, then head towards little Narrow cove and do Ill Crags, South East Face, grade 3, three stars. From the summit of Scafell Pike descend to Mickledore and do Broad Stand, grade 3, and then descend from Scafell back to Eskdale by descending Cowcove Beck, grade 2 ( or head for the pub in Boot or Eskdale Green!

Jon Stewart - on 22 Apr 2019
In reply to Rick Graham:

Adventurous! Like it. 

humptydumpty - on 26 Apr 2019

Thanks for the detailed replies!  I'll get my maps out.

humptydumpty - on 14 May 2019
In reply to phizz4:

Epic day, thanks!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.