/ Sicily......worst conditions ever, advice needed!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Emilysaladfingers - on 10 Apr 2019

Hello lovely UKCers!

Me and Mr Saladfingers are in Sicily (San Vito) and every crag we've been to so far has been the greasiest , sea smeggyist, slippy rock ever!  Objectively amazing lines, but  we're just slipping off everything !  Has  anyone else had this experience and can you suggest crags that are less affected?

Thanks in advance ! 

Em

Ramon Marin - on 11 Apr 2019
In reply to Emilysaladfingers:

Even in the nevermind or lost world walls? 

Michael Hood - on 11 Apr 2019

Are you climbing in the mornings or afternoons?

Just wondering if there's a similar effect to the slimyness on Cornish granite before the sun gets on it enough.

Trangia on 11 Apr 2019
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Are you climbing in the mornings or afternoons?

> Just wondering if there's a similar effect to the slimyness on Cornish granite before the sun gets on it enough.

That's true. I found that applied to Penon de Fach in Spain, particularly when there was sea mist or after rain.

I've also experienced similar at Portland and Swanage.

Emilysaladfingers - on 11 Apr 2019

Not yet been to lost world, it looks amazing and we've been recovering from various things -- wanted to be on form for that one so that may be out next visited wall! Can you go down the fixed ropes or do you have to ab in?? Don't think I know the nevermind wall I'll look it up!

We've climbed (or tried to haha!) all day, morning and into late afternoon  actually today was a lot better! And as you all suggest (?) Better as the sun came round. 

Thanks for the suggestions team

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.