UKC

Sierra de las Nieves

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 John Rothwell 09 Jul 2021

I'll be visiting a relative in Yunquera in Spain, about an hour north of Marbella. They don't climb, but their description of the area suggests there would be lots of climbing close by. I can't find much on the internet. Does anyone have experience in the locality or know of any guidebooks?

biscuit 10 Jul 2021
In reply to John Rothwell:

When i lived nearby Marbella had just produced a guidebook for the crags above the town. It was a local publication and was in the local shops and the climbing shop in Malaga. Suprisingly good climbing. Short, but steep and featured on solid rock. That was 7 yrs ago now. 

Andalucia by David Munilla is (was) the main guidebook to the whole area. 

A place called Puerto Rico just uphill from Marbella is really popular these days, it might be hot now. There is really brill bouldering on natural conglomerate in Marbella if you are stuck for partners. The bouldering is in an open air sports area, just above the main road crossing Marbella center, it's called "el poli" by locals. I was at my strongest when I bouldered there back in  the 90's

SamR 20 Jul 2021

Some crags around there (including el palo / puerto rico) are in the latest rockfax guide to el chorro

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...