UKC

Snowdon campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 La benya 16 Jan 2020

We’re looking to get away to snowdon for a mates birthday which happens to be Easter weekend. I’m struggling to find a campsite that will accept a group of 10 (were all 30’s and quiet but there will inevitably be a little noise), dogs and vans which isn't crazy expensive. 

Has anyone got any recommendations or suggestions? All the smaller (cheaper) farm places won’t take dogs (understandable with sheep about). The posh one by llyn Gwynant is trying to charge us £650 for electric hook ups and the works which we don’t need.

help greatly appreciated. 

Post edited at 17:51
 WaterMonkey 16 Jan 2020
In reply to La benya:

Don’t book as a group of 10, book separately in pairs or 4’s.

have you tried the little campsite opposite the Vaynol arms?

OP La benya 16 Jan 2020
In reply to WaterMonkey:

Yeah that’s an option but I don’t like having to lie and there’s always the possibility of pissing them off when the groups combine in the evening. 

will check that site out, thanks. 

Dell 16 Jan 2020
In reply to La benya:

Tell them you're a group of geology professors on a field trip. 

brianjcooper 16 Jan 2020
In reply to La benya:

PYB Bunkhouse. But with a roof over your head, showers and a kitchen etc.

Worth it for a mates 30th without upsetting tents close by?

Jim Lancs 16 Jan 2020
In reply to Dell:

> Tell them you're a group of geology professors on a field trip. 

Noooo! - My abiding memory of our university geology field trip,  was seeing our very proper and dignified professor, standing on a table in the hotel, singing 'Old MacDonald had in farm' in Swahili, while the drunken hoards made all the animal noises for each verse.

Post edited at 21:30
 brianjcooper 16 Jan 2020
In reply to Jim Lancs:

> Noooo! - My abiding memory of our university geology field trip,  was seeing our very proper and dignified professor, standing on a table in the hotel, singing 'Old MacDonald had in farm' in Swahili, while the drunken hoards made all the animal noises for each verse.

Exactly my point regarding noise. 

brianjcooper 16 Jan 2020
In reply to brianjcooper:

Misread the OPs post.  But still relevant for a friend's Birthday whatever his/her age.  

OP La benya 17 Jan 2020
In reply to brianjcooper:

Thanks for the suggestion. We went for the bunkhouse option in the end (not PYB) as my wife made the very good point of it being quite likely to be wet at that time of year!

pasbury 17 Jan 2020
In reply to La benya:

The one just outside Capel Curig towards the Pen-y-Gwryd is cheap, has almost no facilities and probably equally few rules. Cracking view of Snowdon, near the RAC boulders and PyB for refreshments.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...