UKC

Spanish speeding ticket record number ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 29 Jan 2019

Hi I'm sure I'm not the only one to get a speeding ticket in Mallorca ? anyway I'm looking at trying to pay the ticket and they need something called a "record number".  Thing is it doesn't appear to correspond to anything on the ticket I've got. - or at least not what I can see. Anyone else been through this grief and remember where this number can be found ?

alicia 29 Jan 2019
In reply to GrahamD:

Is there anything on the ticket called “localizador”? That’s the most likely term I can think of that they’d use (“localitzador” if your ticket is in Catalan).

OP GrahamD 29 Jan 2019
In reply to alicia:

No, can't find that anywhere on the paperwork.  Its bizarre - this should be a simple thing to do.

Luke90 29 Jan 2019
In reply to GrahamD:

Is this any help? http://speedingfinespain.blogspot.com/2016/11/where-is-record-number.html

Or has it been passed to you via a hire company who have failed to pass on part of the necessary information?

Removed User 29 Jan 2019
In reply to GrahamD:

Do they have your address?

If so write back to them and ask them to help you with your problem. You'll have shown your willingness to co operate and I doubt you'll get a reply.

If they don't have your address, ignore it.

jimtitt 29 Jan 2019
In reply to Removed User:

On cars there are number plates. If it was the OP's car the DVLA will give the adress to the Spanish. If it was a hire car the hire company will give it to them (and charge the hirer for doing so.

OP GrahamD 29 Jan 2019
In reply to Luke90:

That's perfect thanks.  Its the 'ignore the dots and dashes' bit which threw me.

OP GrahamD 29 Jan 2019
In reply to Removed User:

Ticket was received in the post and is legit.  Address obtained from hire car company I guess.

Rich Kirby 30 Jan 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

> If it was the OP's car the DVLA will give the adress to the Spanish. 

Is this true? My understanding is this happens in France but not (currently ) Spain

jimtitt 30 Jan 2019
In reply to Rich Kirby:

"Anyone with due cause to request" is the phrase I believe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...