UKC

Sport climbing destinations - February

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climbandwine 10 Dec 2018

Any recommendations for good sport climbing in mid-February? A European destination which isn't too expensive to get to and isn't one of El Chorro, the Costa Blanca or Kalymnos. 

Many thanks in advance  

Climber_Bill 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Climbandwine:

Chulilla?

TJB.

Derry 10 Dec 2018

Paklenica, Croatia?

Never been myself so can't give any valuable information, but its always been on my list as a winter/spring destination. 

OllieBarker 10 Dec 2018

I'd recommend Chulilla, yes it's in Costa Blanca but it's superb if you don't want to have to drive every day.

AlanLittle 10 Dec 2018

Leonidio?

Never been myself but I hear good things, not least from a friend who's just back from his first vist & says it's the best place he's ever climbed.

seankenny 10 Dec 2018
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Leonidio?

> Never been myself but I hear good things, not least from a friend who's just back from his first vist & says it's the best place he's ever climbed.

I was looking at Leonidio for a possible February trip. It turns out that the eastern Med is very wet in winter and spring - rain on around half the days. Sounds like an autumn venue to me.

J1234 10 Dec 2018

I enjoyed Sardinia. Not easy from the North of England, but maybe from London airports. Worth a look.
Riglos/Lleida area, book flights to Barcelona, if weather OK head that way, if poo, head to Siurana.

AlanLittle 10 Dec 2018
In reply to J1234:

> if poo, head to Siurana.

Yep, plenty of poo there:  

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rocktalk/spanish_crags_why_all_the_poo-69...

Post edited at 18:01
 tjekel 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Derry:

Paklenica is good for spring and autumn, but not winter - windy, cold and often wet.

OP Climbandwine 11 Dec 2018
In reply to J1234:

Thanks very much all - Chulilla is looking like the best option.

Have been told that Siurana may be a bit too cold in February?

J1234 11 Dec 2018

> Have been told that Siurana may be a bit too cold in February?

Its not a sure bet, thats why El Chorro is so popular at this time of year, with a week, you have no time for faffing. It is interesting to look at a Map and note how far south El Chorro is compared to anywhere else in Europe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...