UKC

Sport venues at easter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 19 Nov 2012
I'm looking to book a 2 week trip over easter (last week of March/first week of April) for some bolt clipping with decent climbs up to 7a and some harder bits to project.

Ideally somewhere that will be a reasonable temperature to have rest days on the beach (if one is close) or chilling in the sun etc. I know the weather is all over the place though.

Thought about Chorro/Kaly but can anyone recommend places that might fit the bill?
 tjekel 19 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch:

think of Trieste / Osp / Istria, or the croatian coast ('multipitch boltclipping')and some islands like krk ... climbing without frontiers guidebook siddharta, or the astroida croatia guides

in some places, there will be lots of other climbers around that time of the year, so you'll have to chose caefully especially in the second week.

th
 Ciro 19 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch:

Margalef - great climbs through the grades and likely good weather

Positano - amazing situation - there's a reason it's so expensive there in the summer - and great weather all year round... I got roasted climbing there on new years eve one year.

Finale Ligure - although I was there last easter and it rained for half the week, so we were limited to one overhanging crag for a lot of it, the climbing was amazing and the woman in the campsite was quite distressed when I was leaving that I'd had such bad weather, she'd never known anything like it. Leave your ego at home though, it's proper old school grading and bolting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...