UKC

Stanage Edge Case Study... any help would be appreciated!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BethSax0 30 Aug 2022

Hi everyone, as well as being a really keen climber I am also a student doing my A levels. I am undertaking an inquiry into whether outsiders feel like insiders in particular places with national parks. In this case the wonderful Stanage Edge in the Peak District. It is only 7 questions long and will only take you a moment or two. Many thanks, Beth https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5oB9UuulgE-JmIEAXe0KXRy...

Insider=a viewpoint from an individual within a place/who lives there and has an experience of the place.

Outsider=is a viewpoint of someone who is not from the certain place/doesn't live there/has little or no experience of that place.

Stanage Popular

ebdon 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Wow, that was refreshingly short! 

Interesting concept, I live an hours drive from Stanage but have spent a lot of time there over the years and it definitely feel a place I have a sense of belonging dispite not being a local.

Tony Buckley 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

You've missed out the 55-64 age range.

T.

profitofdoom 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done, good luck 

monkeychoss 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done !

Cobra_Head 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

done

Cobra_Head 30 Aug 2022
In reply to Tony Buckley:

> You've missed out the 55-64 age range.

> T.

No she hasn't

climberchristy 30 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done. Good luck. 

blurty 31 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done.

An interesting topic and a good questionnaire

tehmarks 31 Aug 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done

OP BethSax0 06 Sep 2022

Thank you to all those who took the time to complete, much appreciated.

nniff 08 Sep 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

Done - nice angle.  Interesting line of inquiry into how an activity an engender familiarity with a place to which you have never been before.  I remember going to look at a crag in France to which I had never been before, with my non-climbing brother-in-law.  We walked down a big track along a steep wooded hillside until I saw the tell-tale dusty climbers' path half-hidden behind a bush.  He was utterly bewildered by how I knew where to go.

Pedro50 08 Sep 2022
In reply to BethSax0:

So can we now share our one word descriptions? 

Mine: inexhaustible 

tjdodd 08 Sep 2022
In reply to Pedro50:

I think mine was "long"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...