UKC

Standedge - Kirklees Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 schloosh 01 Dec 2012
Got another local crag covered on http://www.kirkleesclimbing.co.uk/ - Standedge, as usual an online guide and a PDF to download and print off.

The website has also had a bit of a revamp.
 Offwidth 01 Dec 2012
In reply to schloosh:

Really good work. A word of warning though is that given all the excellent low grade bouldering you could do with a full blast with a lower grade team as quite a few lower grades look odd (more than one full grade up and down so its not just a grade border issue) and sometimes too low on problems where you dont want to be sandbagged. Although you have sorted out some of the rare scary lower grade undergrades in the BMC guide (like Space Trip/High Traverse given V0- 4c where we'd agree with you and say its a full on and scary V0/F5; but then as an example of a big undergrade 8 is also solid 4 at least).

I've done pretty much all the easier stuff now from the Huddersfield guide with consistent agreement from Lynn, Rick Gibbon, Chris Tan and other experienced guidebook folk who know their onions, so I am more than likely right. I think such issues arise with the conflation of differences of opinion with the multiple grade conversions (UK tech to V to Font) so given the quality of the lower grade stuff we went back and did them all after the BMC guide was out. Our stuff for Standedge will be going live on the updated Offwidth soonish. Also did most of West Nab.
OP schloosh 01 Dec 2012
In reply to schloosh:

Thanks.
Kirklees in general could do with a good examination of grades I think, and not just the low grade stuff either.
I'm more than open to examining the Standedge grades if you have something you can send me over with your opinions on to work from?

Offwidth 01 Dec 2012
In reply to schloosh: Email me through this site and we can pick it up in Jan as we are off to the states over Xmas and too busy 'til then.
OP schloosh 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Offwidth:
Cheers
OP schloosh 02 Dec 2012
In reply to schloosh:

Conditions were great up here today.
Cold, crisp, still and sunny.
 Alex Thompson 19 Dec 2012
In reply to schloosh: I was up there on the same day.
When I took the topo photos an old boy was querying some of the grading in OTM, claimed he couldn't climb that well when he was younger!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...