UKC

SW France/N Spain - favourite venues easy routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 16 Jul 2018

This is unashamed laziness on my part, but I'd love to have your ideas for easy holiday climbing in these areas. When I say easy I mean 4s and 5s. Access needs to be easy too. I plead age and infirmity.

So far I have Chodes (Morata de Jalón) on my radar. BTW, does anyone want to sell a guidebook for that venue?

J1234 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I cannot reccomend the Goros up above the monastery at Montsarrat highly enough. You can take the train up and back and level path walk in. 4 or 5 pitches bolted with an Abseil back down again.
Gorros
A grand day out.
Passed near your house cycling yesterday

OP Rog Wilko 16 Jul 2018
In reply to J1234:

> Passed near your house cycling yesterday

Should have called in!

Andrew Lodge 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Lots around that grade at Tautavel or La Clape on the French side, a handful of 4's at Vingrau

OP Rog Wilko 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

Thanks, Andrew. Some good suggestions. Unfortunately we aren't likely to be around the eastern Pyrenees as we are heading into the Basque country and returning home on the Bilbao ferry. Hope there'll be more trips to come, though....

KA 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

From my limited experience, Morata de Jalon is great, but will be quite hot until mid/late September. It's covered selectively in Roca España:  Pyrenees & Aragon, which seems to be in short supply in the UK, but still available in Spain.

http://www.barrabes.com/ed.-lobo_edition-roca-espa%C3%B1a.-pirineos-aragon/...

Post edited at 20:39
OP Rog Wilko 17 Jul 2018
In reply to KA:

Tharnks Ken.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...