UKC

Tautavel / Vingrau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tjekel 21 Sep 2018

... I am looking for the route de la grimpe 2 guidebook (Tautavel / Opoul / Vingrau) ... seems it is not availlable online. Is it possible to get it locally?

Any other information/recommendations on the area (and specials for children) welcome as well. Going in winter.

OP tjekel 21 Sep 2018
In reply to tjekel:

Or is a new guide out already?

dominic o 22 Sep 2018
In reply to tjekel:

We made a rest-day recce of the Route de la Grimpe earlier in the year, and managed to find quite a few online resources and outlying crags with insitu topos. The weather wasn't great and we struggled to find a topo or an out-of-season campsite, so we chalked it down as "one to come back to". Here's all the beta we recorded:

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2018/03/29/vingrau-tauteval-and-opoul-rout...

I'd be interested to hear how you get on... 

keith sanders 22 Sep 2018
In reply to dominic o:

Thanks Dom copied it,always comes up trumps,

going to house for a month in France on Monday.

keith s 

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Sep 2018
In reply to dominic o:

As Keith says, really useful that. It is an area I have meant to visit for years - might finally get round to it this winter,

Chris

Post edited at 09:15
 Alan Bates 22 Sep 2018
In reply to tjekel:

I've just moved from the UK to a place circa 35 minutes south of this area.  Not had chance to explore yet, mainly down to settling in and the fact that it is too hot to climb there yet.

I'll be sure to post if I establish that the new guide is out.

Meanwhile, get in touch if you're looking for an easy grade partner for a few days. 

OP tjekel 23 Sep 2018
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Not staying at kaly this year? We'll be around end of December, beginning of January.

OP tjekel 23 Sep 2018
In reply to tjekel:thanks @all. Yes  I found some of the topos, but several looked rather old (the Tautavel part, at least), so you don't get lots of info on current conditions and closures.

Don't mind a bit of exploration ...

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 23 Sep 2018
In reply to tjekel:

We are usually in the Ariege from mid-December to about April, though with trips away. Nothing sorted for this year yet,

Chris

Post edited at 13:05
 Alan Bates 04 Oct 2018
In reply to tjekel:

Piggy backing on the thread, if anyone is up for a day of climbing in this area this coming week please drop me a message.

Cheers,

Alan  

Alan Bates 23 Oct 2018
In reply to tjekel:

For those interested, I've set up a Facebook group for this area.  The focus being to share information and find partners.  Look on FB for Climbing - Escalade - Grimper: Tautavel; Opoul; Vingrau; Maury; La Clape

Andrew Lodge 23 Oct 2018
In reply to tjekel:

Request sent, we're coming down next week.

steve taylor 24 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan Bates:

Hi Alan - I spend a fair bit of time over near St Chinian, and will be there for the week starting 26th Oct if you're about for a half day cragging.

PM though my profile if you're about.

Steve

PS - can't find your Facebook page?

Alan Bates 24 Oct 2018
In reply to steve taylor:

Will message you shortly and send you a link to the Group page, not sure if it ok to put the link in here.

Can someone at UKC please advise if it is ok to put a link in here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...